Job Specification for Tendering Purposes
Longford County Council Arts Services seeks applications and tender submissions for the position of ; Manager – Photographer of the Month Project
Longford County Arts Office seeks to establish a Photographer of the Month Project to encourage the ongoing development of photography in Longford.
One of the ways we propose to do this is to recognise the work of a photographer once a month by exhibiting an example of their work on www.longforddigitalarts.ie, with a thumb nail photo of the artist accompanied by a brief ‘artists statement’.
We will provide the photographer with a small financial award [€100.00] and exhibit their work in an end of year exhibition with all of the resulting publicity.
It is hoped that the Photographer of the Month project will lead to the establishment of future innovative and exciting project for our local photographers.
The primary objectives of the position are:
- Promote the project on social and traditional media and elsewhere
- Adjudicate entries
- Upload winning entries on to www.longforddigitalarts.ie
- Administer winning awards
- Be available to carry out any additional tasks related to the position as they occur or as requested by the Arts Office
The successful candidate must be:
- An experienced though not necessarily professional photographer
- Possess a qualification in Fine Art/Digital Media/Photography
- Be familiar with the operation of websites and other social media platforms
- Have an understanding of the digital media/photography landscape of , at least, the Midlands
- Possess experience of running voluntary or professional photography project